What is Coaching?
Coaching is “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole.” – From International Coach Federation
The Neurobiological side of Coaching
We know about Neurobiology that our brains can change by making new connections. This has biological limits which means while we can change our brains completely it can only happen with time. A significant change can only come after a month, while lasting change means a new brain network. (Margaret Moore, Wellness Coach – Notes from the presentation “Coaching for sustainable change”)
What you can expect from me as a Coach:
- Honesty and confidentiality
- Active Listening, the time we are given I am here for you and only for you
- Motivation, Inspiration, exercises and tools that facilitate change to help you reach your vision
- Reviewing regularly the progress and making adjustments if needed
- Believing in you even when you don’t
What I expect of you as my Coachee:
- Honesty (please tell me if something doesn’t work for you and we will find something else)
- The willingness to experiment and to confront and challenge yourself and your believes
- Commit to the coaching process (this means taking action for the words said and not stay idle, because that would be for bothbof us only a waste of time and money)
The strength of Coaching is the relationship of honesty and openness that forms between the Coach and the Coachee. A Coach accompanies you and does not patronize.
I would love to hear from you!